Best 10 Social Media Analytics Tools for Marketers and Publishers
There are 2.5 billion active social media users across the world, and these sites have a wealth of information that can tell you why your brand is performing at a certain level and how to improve that performance through a robust marketing strategy.
A brand’s online presence dictates their relevance, and the interaction with their followers is directly tied to how much potential they have. A brand must have a set of goals for social media, and social media analytics can help you meet them.
Analytics tools can help measure your brand’s online performance against your competitors, schedule contents that need to be posted throughout the day and lets you devise a guided strategy for success.
There are external social media analytics tools, as well as inherent tools in Facebook, and Instagram that can give you all the performance metrics that you should be tracking.
Social media has become one of the prime sources of website traffic generation and marketing, and Google Analytics lets you understand the impact created from individual social sites.
You can see the overview report to see which social media site has generated how many visitors for your business. If you spend a lot on social media or online marketing, then this is how you understand how effectively your money is being used.
- You can find all the platforms where people are interacting with your posts.
- Understand how your investment is paying off by quantifying the views generated from the websites.
- Understand what people do when they arrive on your website by seeing their navigation path.
IO Technologies is a tool for doing analysis on social media content as well as accessing an editorial dashboard for media content.
- The data analysis provided by IO is precise and can help evaluate the growth of your site based on how your content is performing historically or trending. Optimize content with the help of A/B testing.
- The application alerts you in case there are any abnormalities in the metric generated for your site. You can keep an eye on the dashboard to know the key metrics.
- Control how contents are doing and use the data to monetize the same accordingly. Your social media results from Facebook will also be available on the same dashboard and you can check the main media metrics through this. Collect data from other media resources and gather them in the one master database to have a unified result in the dashboard.
- Understand how your visitors are behaving based on ever article, how much time they are spending per session, and make use of filters that categorize users from the main dashboard to conduct a detailed analysis.
Pricing: Starts at $370 per month.
Momently is a fairly new name in the analytics market, but the software is promising and has a lot of good features. It is also ideal for solo, or small business owners.
- The easily understandable interface that allows you to drill down the action into the details of the analytics.
- Actionable metrics allow you to drill down deep inside the data by using various features like actions performed by users on-site, properties of the content, and how much traffic is coming from which websites.
- Page, post details lets you see what location your readers come from, how much time they spent on content, how far they scrolled down the page, etc.
Pricing: $9.00 per month. Momently has a free version but there is no free trial.
Cut through the chatter of Google analytics and see data in a much more concise way by creating various reports with buffer analysis. Measure your sales value and engagement with the audience to create a good strategy.
- You can get Instagram story analytics, analytics for individual posts and mentions such as hashtags.
- The app analyzes the performance of your content and makes a recommendation on what content would be popular.
- Create easily readable reports from the raw GA data.
Pricing: $35 and $50 per month.
Well-rounded management and analytics for all social media platforms that have options from small to medium businesses to enterprises. It is capable of social media listening to analyze trendy keywords, mentions, and hashtags to keep you updated on what people are talking about. You can also see how your content is working out for the users through the reports generated in the app.
- Get a performance report for all the social media campaigns launched across social media sites. You can get the report in a grouped format so you can compare their effectiveness?
- Understand how the authors in your team are performing through their content performance, popularity, and share.
Paid options: $99, $149, and $249 per month.
BuzzSumo is not a traditional social media analytics tool, but it is an excellent source of getting all engagement related details of any content you post.
- See how many sites your posts have been shared in. social sites like Facebook or Twitter are a huge marketplace for potential subscribers and buyers, and the more your posts are shared in these sites, the more successful your content is. People feel more engaged with attractive content and are more likely to share it.
- There is a place to see trending keywords for your industry and analyzing your content based on these keywords, so you know how your posts are performing when compared against the competitors in your industry.
- For individual content, you can see important metrics like length, date of publishing and the type of headline so you know the trending topics and what kind of content to produce.
Pricing: The pro plan starts from $99 per month. Other plans are $179, $299 and $499 per month.
Hootsuite is perfect for media analytics, managing social media, conducting social listening and publishing content that is built for success. Understand what content is performing well for you, build the new posts accordingly to create better engagement. Understand how the posts are spreading across social sites, and make sure your social media advertising is working well. The analytical features are pretty extensive and cover all major media.
- Understand how the social media team is working, and evaluate their performance as a publisher.
- Create customized reports to create a business presentation with hundreds of metrics and export this data in Excel, PowerPoint or PDF format.
- The Brandwatch tool in Hootsuite allows you to track how many times your site or brand has been mentioned.
Pricing: $19, $99, $599 per month, and custom pricing for the enterprise.
Socialbakers contain all the social media analytics tools that are required to track all of your media profiles, monitor vital indicator metrics, research competitor companies, and create reports that can be exported.
They also have a suite of tools that aid with publishing and optimizing what content you publish, and a scheduler for targeting your demographic at the ideal time when they are active. You can also create digital public personals and take care of your users through great customer service that the tool provides.
- Track audience interaction with your brands via various paid campaigns that you have launched on social media platforms.
- Get analysis for predicting how successful boosting posts would be.
- Track competitor intelligence so you know how they have been performing historically on various social media platforms.
Pricing: $200 per month and custom pricing
Iconosquare is a tool that analyzes the performance of the accounts on Instagram and Facebook. There is a unified dashboard that shows all the brands at the same place. This is especially useful for enterprises, as this dashboard also allows the creation of comparative reports which can be used in meetings.
The benchmarking feature will allow you to compare how your brand is performing against other competitors.
- Track, wherever your brand is being mentioned in comments or tags or just your brand name, has been used.
- Track how much attention posts made by competitors are getting as compared to you.
- Know demographic data based on location, and what time they are most active to make maximum impact with your posts.
Paid options: $29, $59 per month, and custom pricing
The Mention tool scans websites to track wherever your brand has been mentioned, even if you have not been linked directly in these mentions. Not only that, but you will also be able to see the intent behind these tags, so you know whether you have a disgruntled customer who needs help to make sure your brand image is not tarnished. You can easily set this up by entering your brand name in the tools.
- Engagement Tracking allows you to see how the audience is reacting to your content. You can also track influencers to see how the PR efforts and marketing is paying off. The tool has many other great social listening features that will always keep you updated on the performance of your brand.
- You can create social media content for Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. and put them on the scheduler so it can be posted when your audience is active.
- All the scheduled content can be seen on an easy calendar view through the desktop or the mobile app, so even if you have to be away from your business you can plan months and keep an eye on the calendar.
Pricing: There is a free plan with limited use. The paid plans are starting from $25 per month, $83 and $450 per month.
If you have a business account on Facebook and have admin access, then you will be able to access this. They provide you with complete statistics about the brand.
What are the top posts, how many people like your brand, how far the contents are spreading?
Here, you can create a list of pages you are trying to keep a track on, so you know how those pages are performing and compare that to your brand performance.
You can get inside the Insights tab from the menu bar which is available at the top of the page when you open the account.
You cab access the social media analytics report on the following page: https://www.facebook.com/business/insights
If you have a business account on Instagram, you can see the insights, and inside the in-app analytical detail, you will find a lot of data that can generate great business insights. Read the details about stories, posts, know how the ad campaigns are performing and understand demographic and location data of your customers to make sure your posts are reaching maximum potential.
Reach out on the following page: First, make sure you have a business account and not a personal one. You can see the details here . Once you have the business account you can find the Insights from the upper right corner menu.
Twitter saves a record of the profile summary for 28 days and gives you a lot of insights by showing how many people have visited the profile, how many impressions and hashtags have been created in your name on Twitter. You can see a detailed view that shows the retweet count, clicks, favorites, etc. Take all the data in various formats so you can report it to your stakeholders.
Reach out on the following page: analytics.twitter.com .
If you use Pinterest as a marketing platform for your business, one of the best ways to get data on your website is from the Analytics that Pinterest provides. You can see in the dashboard the details of your followers; how many people are looking at your content and how engaged they are with your creation.
Reach out on the following pages: If you have a business account, you can head to the second link directly. If you have a personal account you have to convert it to a business account first, which is completely free.
Then head to this page - analytics.pinterest.com .
If your company has a page in LinkedIn you can see the performance of the updates and the relevant metrics related to people who follow you on the Analytics page. If you have upgraded the account to a Career page, you will have additional features like the talent band.
Reach out on the following page: https://business.linkedin.com/marketing-solutions/reporting-analytics
If you create a lot of video content and have a channel on YouTube, then tracking YouTube analytics is the best way to increase subscribers and views. You can see where the majority of your viewers coming from, how long they are watching videos, whether they abandon a video where ads have been placed and their retention data.
Knowing this is directly tied to understanding how the videos can be monetized and which videos do not connect with your audience.
Reach out on the following page: youtube.com/analytics
These were the best social media analytics tools for marketers and publishers. Each of them is unique and caters to a certain market segment. It is important to analyze your requirements and choose what fits you the most.
What is social media analytics?
Through the social media analytical tools, you can collect data on your fans and followers, and conducting a detailed research of this so you can create a robust business strategy and make the best choices regarding advertising and promotions. You can also understand the perception of your brand with people.
What does advanced analytics for social media do?
Understanding your audience on social media has many facets. They could have a preferred form of social media that they are coming from, they might like, sharing or commenting on your content, increasing attention that comes from their followers.
Your audience might be much more dispersed than you originally guessed, from different countries and time zones. When you know what their location is, you can stay aware of the location-specific data and create customized promotions that are much more engaging than global or generic campaigns.
The analytical tools also let you understand what keywords are trending. So, you can take the necessary actions and use the same keywords in your campaigns.
It is also crucial to understand what words they used while searching, which led them to find your web page. Through this, you know the SEO optimization is working as expected or needs to be more targeted to make sure more people find your brand when they search with certain keywords.
Know the performance of your content, so you can provide the audience with likable content.
- Assisted Conversions
This is a useful report. A user might have visited your website multiple times, and spent time throughout various sessions before becoming a convert. Social media analytical tools will let you identify channels that are repeatedly directing people to visit your site, and eventually turning them into paying customers.
- . Conversions
When a user lands on your website, they perform many actions. A new user may not directly become a customer or subscriber. Understand what path people are taking who become converts. Maybe someone who is coming from Facebook is more likely to become a convert than twitter.
When you understand this report, you can create sales funnels to see at what stage are people abandoning the website. If this happens when they get to specific content, it could mean you need to revisit the content strategy.
The acquisition part of social media analytics prepares a business for understanding the segmentation of demographic in social media, so you can create targeted campaigns to reach the right people at the right time.
Benchmarking is the practice of understanding how your competitors are performing and setting goals that you can reach to emulate their success. You can see industry-specific benchmarks that will help you set realistic goals and meet them.
How to track social media analytics?
Social media analytics can be tracked through various metrics. The analytical tools, for example, Facebook insight can tell you all the details of demographic data so you know how many types of actions they are conducting on a page, what is the engagement rate, how many followers you have, what is the reach of the content you have created, how many likes, views and mentions you are getting.
How to use social media analytics
- Know your audience
To reach the full potential you need to understand the behavior of your demographic. What motivates them, what do they want from your brand, what content makes them engaged, etc. These analytical tools can provide you with all this insight and collect audience response to your campaign. From this, you could make intelligent business decisions.
- Know your competitors
Your competitors, who are already established in the industry have tried and tested methods to attract their audience. By learning what they are doing wrong, you can emulate their strategies for success in your own business.
These tools collect data from your competitors in an industry to provide you with reports like, which contents are performing well. So, you can figure out new ways of growing your business.
- Know your flaws
As a business, it is crucial to focus your campaign money on platforms that are generating successful leads. These analytical tools can tell you the effectiveness of your campaigns so you can decide which steps are working, and eliminate those that are underperforming.
How to add social media to Google Analytics?
Follow these steps to connect your websites with Google Analytics.
- Create an account with Google Analytics or head in the account you already have. Find the Admin section, where you can set the details of your website if you did not do it while creating the account.
- You will need the details of the website, which you can find from the properties column. Go to the tracking info and copy the tracking code.
- If you have one website, you will have one snippet. Every website will have different tracking code snippets. Now head to the page where you want to enable tracking and find the </head> tag, and post this snippet right above it.